I usually do 6 to 8lbs at a time and like to fry it in my dutch oven.
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour (I use All Purpose and add about 1 tsp baking soda)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper (use about 5 turns of fresh ground black pepper)
- or garlic powder - about 1 tsp
- ground cumin - about 1 tsp OR ground ginger is going Asian with them
- paprika - Spanish or smoked - whatever works - about 1 tps
- 1 egg
- 2 cups water
- Mix all of the batter ingredients together,
- i usually do 1 to 2 chicken breasts at a time, cubed & coated w/ batter.
- fry in veg oil until golden brown.
- drain & cool on a wire rack on a covered cookie sheet,
- then freeze on the rack on the sheet before moving to a zip top freezer bag for storage
- reheat in 400 degree over for about 10 minutes