Our Dog Jake

Our Dog Jake
Jake's a happy dog

Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Resolutions.

I don't like to make resolutions. It seems to me that when your “to do” list is called "resolutions" the significance seems to get lost in the expectation that they will soon be forgotten or broken - whichever the case may be.
I rather like to set goals. While working with my Brownie Troop on setting SMART goals for themselves and for cookie sells this year, I have been thinking quite a bit about the goals I want for my family and myself.
So here are some of my thoughts - I have been jotting them down on scrap paper for about 2 weeks now and need to consolidate before they get lost and fall into the resolution trap!

  1. Do No Harm
  2. Reduce the impact that our life has on Earth (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - sounds trite, I know, but we are really focusing and involving the whole family in the process)
  3. Know where our food comes from
  4. incorporate more healthful foods into my families diet (if they know it or not)
  5. Enrich our kids with the means of self-sustainability - in the kitchen, outdoors, wherever and whenever possible.
  6. gather all of the supplies and learn how to make cheese - good cheese
  7. begin the process of getting our own chickens for eggs
  8. set more SMART goals
  9. do something healthy everyday - for self, family and earth

Now that they are in writing out in the ether - all who know can hold me accountable. That's a good thing.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Coco's demise

Coco's demise
Luke's coconut cut open and not liked!

Green Sand Beach

Green Sand Beach
yes the sand is really green!

Easter 2007

Easter 2007
Akin & Puryear kids

Red River 2006

Red River 2006
New Mexico w/ the Hager/Puryear/Lee Family

New Mexico 2006

New Mexico 2006
Raven, Luke, Noel & Trey 1 year ago

JB & Kids in Bishop Castle

Field of Flowers

Field of Flowers
Elk Mountain's colorful wildflowers in early June